Wednesday, December 2, 2015

No news is good news?

No biopsy results yet.
Analysis is done by committee at the Mayo Clinic. Per a pathologist friend-of-a-friend the type of tumor is so rare that it likely takes a lot longer to analyze. I don't have an ETA, could be any time.

Anyways, I'm nervous, sure, but I'm also LIMITED EDITION...

I will make a post again here once we know, of course.
The Kennestone staff had to shave back a big chunk of my hair to perform my previous surgery so as you've probably seen on Facebook by now I decided to keep the lemons life gave me because, hey, free lemons. Here's the new mohawk haircut I am sporting complete with Harry Potter-esque scar.

One of the things I forgot to mention in my previous post was that the next surgery, if there is a next surgery, might have to be performed at Duke University in Durham, NC. Duke basketball is about equal to Patriots football in my heart (both only slightly behind Red Sox baseball) so while I definitely don't want to have another surgery there might be a silver lining of getting to be in town during the currently-in-progress season. Here's our friend Roy, wifewoman Devin and I celebrating Duke winning the National Championship in April:

The below picture shows my brother and I with Duke legend Shane Battier in the fall of 2002. My brother is a bigger Duke fan than I am, big enough of a fan to jab sharpened pencils in to my ears as an excuse to go to Durham, so I'm watching him closely.

In other news, we saw the bill for my surgery, pre-insurance and it was over $100,000. Six figures. Seriously. I don't yet know how much our part will be but unless it's "actually, Mr. Rehm, we're paying you for coming in" then I it will be out of my budget. I'm not stressing about this (yet), just sharing it because it's interesting.
Anyways, thank you all for the continued well-wishes, food, thoughts, prayers, swears, etc. I am nervous but I am feeling physically fine and I will not let the nervousness overwhelm me. We continue to look ahead, not backward.
“That the birds of worry and care fly over your head, this you cannot change, but that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Paul your wit is outstanding and I laugh. Know that why all think about you, pray for you, we laugh! And that's the best. May God keep that laughter going and keep blessing and continue the healing!

George