Friday, December 4, 2015

We interrupt this broadcast to bring you a special news bulletin...

No news on the tumor front so I'd like to use this space to show some appreciation for the following people: my wife, my BFF, my roommate, my financial planner, my maid, my accomplice, my nurse and my boss lady. These are all Devin Rehm and today is her birthday.

My love and respect grows for her with each passing year. I am truly blessed to have her in my life. The various ups and downs that we have faced together in the life have further strengthened our bond, love and respect for each other.

As many of you know, Devin suffered from autoimmune hemolitic anemia in the fall of 2012. She was in the hospital for a few weeks and very nearly died. From this, from her, I learned everything I know about handling my current medical issues.

One of the common refrains since The War on BKP started has been "wow, you two have been through a lot." I don't think of it that way, I simply think we've been lucky that these tough times have been spent together.
(Photo, however unflattering, has been shared with Devin's permission. Also, I can't look at it without getting emotional. Thanks to Carol for sending it to us in October. We didn't know it existed for three years.)
I'll refrain from embarrassing her by going in to details, but I can say with full sincerity and without being trite that I could not have made it through my surgery or the surrounding events without her experience and support.

Devin, I love you. Happy birthday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fantastic and loving tribute to your wife and your love!!!!